Friday, October 9, 2015

Great Customer Experience

               I had a very good customer experience recently at a music store when I purchased a musical instrument. The instrument was used so, I asked for the sales person to open the box for me even though it was sealed for quality. He opened the box for me and to our surprise there were some things missing from the boxed item. The USB and the power cord were both missing.

         The sales person was really impressive because he went to the back to get the missing items from another brand new box. I informed that he didn't have to take a piece from another item and that I could buy the piece elsewhere if he could grant me a discount. He insisted that I take the piece and he still gave me the discount.

         I wondered why he was being so generous and it was because he knew how to take care and build repeat customers because of the type of industry we work in. Also, the fact that there are only a few music stores in the city, he knew that building a relationship with me that went over and beyond would make me feel comfortable at that music store.

         Also, many of the items there are expensive and limited. The internet is a good source to find some of these items, even at a lower price. But most musicians and producers who have an idea want the music equipment right then and there. This creates a demand for store employees to serve their customers a little different from the average customer service that you may find at a convenient store (as an example).

           Being in a niche market, it is hard to find a good service and that also has good expertise in their field of work. I was really impressed with how they offered their service. I knew I needed the item no matter what, but I felt better when I had the instant customer support from the staff.

           Normally in the music industry, the people have a certain mentality because of the desired status; so for me to see someone who put the customer first was a big plus and made me want to become a repeat customer. I also would tell my other music friends about the experience at that particular place.

No comments:

Post a Comment